Auto repair & service
Open M-F 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Pat & Tom’s J.C. Motors Auto Maintenance and Repair performs all vehicle maintenance services recommended by the manufacturer for domestic and import vehicles both in and out of warranty.
At J.C. Motors we encourage our customers to focus on routine maintenance as dictated by a combination of the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations, our professional experience and we’ll work together to map out practical schedules that protect the vehicle’s warranty and maximize the vehicle’s safety, performance and value.
Regular basic auto service doesn’t have to be an expense burden and will save the owner thousands of dollars while the vehicle is in their service by maximizing the longevity of vehicle components. Regular maintenance will also substantially increase the vehicle’s value. A professionally maintained vehicle can remain safe and reliable for many, many years after the last car payment. Imagine five or ten years of no vehicle payments.
The purpose of regular routine auto service is to maintain maximum vehicle performance, economy, safety, reliability and value. The vehicles produced over the last few decades are truly engineering marvels, but they still require maintenance. A factory maintenance schedule was designed to maximize the reliable function of the vehicle and call attention to known component mileage and/or timeline service or replacement intervals. As a simple example a vehicle’s automotive systems still rely on proper fluid levels and condition to lubricate all the moving parts. Most vehicle parts wear predictably and regular professional maintenance at Pat & Tom’s J.C. Motors will keep you informed about your family’s transportation status.
There are many reasons to have your vehicles maintained by a certified mechanic at a professionally operated auto maintenance and repair facility, not the least of which is their experience and access to up-to-date diagnostic and repair procedures (including complete manufacturer technical service bulletins for your make and model production run). Keep in mind that technical service bulletins (TSBs) are issued by the manufacturer after the product has been produced and issues discovered that are not covered in the owners and common repair manuals.
J.C. Motors offers state-of-the-art equipment and some of the best certified mechanics in the business. We combine our staff’s experience, superior equipment and the industry’s best diagnostic and service procedural resources to provide our customers with exceptional automotive maintenance and repair services. Our regular customers benefit from our knowledge of their personal preferences and their vehicle’s computerized service history, saving both time and money while maximizing vehicle performance, safety, reliability and value.
Your vehicle will be kept in relatively good running condition and the need for additional work will be minimized if the routine maintenance schedule as outlined by the manufacturer and performed by a certified mechanic is followed closely and frequent checks are made of the fluid levels/condition and high wear items.
If your vehicle is running poorly, or broke down, it is more likely than not due to a lack of regular maintenance and will result in service beyond the basics outlined in the manufacturers routine maintenance schedule. This simply means you will wind up spending a lot of money all at once as compared to spreading it out over an extended period of time (years) as designed for in a regular routine maintenance schedule.
There are a number of maintenance checks that you can and should perform yourself on a regular basis…
- Fluid level checks every 250 miles or weekly. These include engine oil, engine coolant, automatic transaxle fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid and windshield washer fluid.
- Tire wear and pressure checks every 250 miles or weekly.
- Battery cables corrosion check. Monthly.
- Belts and hoses condition check. Monthly.
- Air filter condition checks every 6 months. More often in high pollen and/or dusty environments.
J.C. Motors can advise you on a number of maintenance issues to be on the lookout for related to your specific situation and work out a schedule to keep your vehicle at it’s peak for safety, performance and value.
Our website contains a lot of text and video information about your vehicle’s operating systems, components and service requirements.
Click here for our website’s Services page where we’ve listed some of our more common services along with video explanations and many have links to more detailed information or Blog articles.
Health and safety notice.
At J.C. Motors, we are in the business of maintaining and repairing vehicles, however, our guests are our main priority. We are taking the following proactive measures to ensure we keep you and our Community safe.
Increasing frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our shops, especially most-touched surfaces like door handles, credit card readers, waiting areas, and restrooms.
Reinforcing our existing health protocols with shop teams, such as frequent and proper hand washing, auto technician glove use, the use of seat covers, steering wheel covers, floor mats and wiping down door handles, gear shift handles, keys, etc. with sanitizer before the vehicle enters the shop and before it is returned to you, our valued guest. We will also ensure that employees who are ill stay home and seek medical attention if necessary.
If you are especially vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus or following preventive measures to avoid the spreading of Corona virus or influenza, we recommend the following when it comes to the maintenance or repair of your vehicles.
Use our touchless customer service process
- Call us to schedule an appointment (503-692-2817). This allows proper consultation regarding your vehicle’s service needs.
- You can drop the vehicle off in our parking lot anytime during or after hours. If during open hours, you can safely enter our sanitized entrance and lobby to communicate further and drop off your keys or just give us a call and let us know your vehicle (unlocked and with keys) is in our lot. If after hours use our night drop slot in the big shop door. Envelopes are in the black box next to the shop door. Fill out the necessary information on the envelope, insert your keys and put in the night drop slot. Our shop hours are M-F 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- We will inspect your vehicle and contact you via phone, text or email with an accurate estimate. You decide if or how you want us to proceed. We will again contact you when the service or repair is complete.
- You can pay over the phone for service via debit/credit card. We will secure your vehicle in our lot and you can pick it up anytime during or after hours. If after hours bring a spare set of vehicle entry keys.
- NEW: We have a few openings every day for pickup and delivery service. You must call to schedule the most convenient day and time available. Available to everyone but, priority is given our senior customers. Call for more information 503-692-2817.
We suggest servicing your vehicle’s cabin air filter and adding BG Frigi Fresh to sanitize and freshen the vehicle climate control system.
Sincerely, Pat & Tom
Owners J.C. Motors Tualatin
Quality Auto Service and Auto Repair
Serving Tualatin and the surrounding communities with superior auto service and auto repair since 1996.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality auto service
and repair to keep your vehicles safe and reliable.
“If we wouldn’t recommend it to our family,
we won’t recommend it to yours.”
Parts & Labor Warranty
Committed to providing a stress-free experience to both new and returning customers. Our shop only uses parts from the vehicle’s manufacture or brands that meet or exceed OEM requirements to ensure that your vehicle is safe and reliable.
Whether you’re coming in for a routine inspection, auto service or auto repair, we promise that you will be completely satisfied with our work. We provide a 24-month/24,000 mile parts and labor warranty with most of our services.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality auto repair and vehicle service to minimize maintenance and repair costs while keeping your vehicles safe, comfortable and reliable.
Whether you’re coming in for a routine inspection, auto repair or basic auto service, we promise that you will be completely satisfied with our work. You have a family dentist, family doctor, we want to be your family’s mechanics.
We’re committed to providing a stress-free experience to both new and returning customers (check our reviews). Our shop only uses parts from the manufacture or brands that meet or exceed manufacture’s specs to ensure that your vehicle is safe and reliable.